Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Oktapodi and Mermaid

I enjoyed watching both movies. There're two octopus (one is male, and the other is female) in the first movie "Oktapodi" and they love each other. However, one day, the female octopus was caught by a man, and the male octopus tried to save her. But unfortunately, when they finally came together, a bird caught the male octopus and flew away. Then the female octopus tried to chase him. This movie ends with this scene, but if the movie was longer, I think similar situations would be continued. As to the second movie "Mermaid", I couldn't really understand what the movie was trying to say at first, but when I watched it for few times, I recognized that the producer wanted to tell us about the importance of imagination. Well, this story is about a boy who likes daydream and a fish which the boy imagines as a mermaid. But he was forced to forget about the mermaid by police, since he was not allowed to imagine in his country. Finally he lost his imagination, and he disappeared after he returned the fish to the sea. I thought the boy died at last, but I saw two mermaids swimming in the end. I guess he didn't completely forget about the mermaid and didn't want to be apart from her, so he became a mermaid and had a happy ending with her. I think it's a beautiful story, but I don't agree with the police.