Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, July 6, 2015

Re: weekend

You know, my sister also took the second phase of the Grade 1 exam as well yesterday. It was her second time. Why, I myself had to go through the interview for Grade 1 three times before I got my certificate. Let's hope you can quickly jump up the ranks to the point where you can succeed at the Grade 1 exam - it was difficult even for me, especially the interview, where two examiners challenge you on your speech-making skills and knowledge of current news.

I suppose one important way to study, just like you said, is to immerse yourself in an environment where speaking English is natural. I myself know it well because although speaking and writing English was second nature for me, attempting to fit in with the Japanese environment here was a struggle when I first arrived. Yet, my three years in Japanese high school, where I studied in mainly Japanese for the first time in a few years was helpful in getting me back up.

No comments: