Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hellooo :D

Hi! My name is Rena Ishikawa.
Please let me briefly introduce myself.

I was born here in Japan and was raised here. Never really lived outside here, but I have visited the States a couple of times. How I can speak English, you ask? Well, it's because I attended an international school for nine years and my mom didn't really let me watch Japanese shows when I was little. I was pretty mad when she didn't allow me watch anime shows(which I loved and still love), but now I appreciate her for doing so, since I can write, speak, and read English because of that (though not as good as you all :X).

I like to listen to music and play instruments such as the drums, piano, guitar (still practicing this one), and the saxophone. Artists and bands I like are ONE OK ROCK, UVERworld, SPYAIR, Johnny's, Hikaru Utada, SCANDAL, and a lot more! I also like to read novels (favorite book, Sherlock Holmes... anyone else?), both in Japanese and in English, and watch movies. Mainly horror and mystery movies. Can't stand watching romance movies, sorry :p And planning to go see I am a Hero and Nozokime soon! As I mentioned in the last paragraph, I just LOVE anime and manga! My favorite is Gintama and Tokyo Ghoul! Looking for someone to talk about them :O

So this is about me, and I'm sure some of you would be quite creeped out if I said I'm an otaku, but sorry I am one :X I hope many of you would still talk to me even so. Thank you for reading my blog, and I apologize for the length even though I said I would "briefly" introduce myself. I am hoping to get a lot out of this class :D