Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Akira

There is going to be a live-action movie of Akira by Warner Bros. in 2021, which is going to be produced by Leonardo DiCaprio. I never watched the animated film for Akira, but my parents have Akira's manga series, and I read them in my childhood. I saw this news on Twitter last week, and I have mixed feelings about it. 
First, I'm glad the movie won't be made in Japan because it will be in low-quality for sure(in my opinion). However, I don't think the atmosphere can be illustrated in a live-action movie as it does in the manga. Also, English translation of the quotes that each character says may have a different nuance from what they are actually saying in Japanese. 
I think it could've been better if they just made another animated movie for the manga, not a live-action one. I don't know why the entertainers keep on making live-action movies for the mangas and animes when people are telling them not to. 
I might still watch the film when it comes out, though. 


No comments: