Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Figure skating is fun.... but sometimes dangerous.

Many of the Friday class know that I am in the figure skating club, and I always advertise to get more people in it. Well, I want to tell all of people who actually read my post how awesome skating is, but this time, I want to say the dangers of it. Well, 2weeks ago I was trying to do a trick during the practice, but I failed so badly and fell, ending up actully puncturing a hole in my leg.... It actully did not hurt as much as it looked, but I had to get stitches and the stitches still hurt.... Also last week, there were two girls in the club who actually got injured trying to do a trick called "spiral" (it's the one when the skater lifts one of their leg to the back and bend their upper body down... it looks like a T from the side) and they both fell at the same time. I heard that they were holding hands while doing it or helping one of the girl hold the leg, and one of the girl hurt her knee and the other girl had to get stiches on her chin..... I mean it's a girl's face..... I felt so bad for her..... But at the same time I wanted to cry about the difference on how the teammates reacted between them and myself... Everybody was so worried and they all got tissue papers to try to stop the bleeding, and ice to cool the legs... On the other hand, when I got injured, none of the teammates cared and they all said that the injuries heal fast if you spit on it..... The difference between girls and boys..... ummm discrimination? sigh.... I wish I was born as a girl.....

Anyway!! Figure skating may sound dangerous, but it is fun!!!! Those who are interested in it and want to join or try out the club, just tell me!! We got 11 new members this year, and 4 of them are boys!!! So, boys who are looking for club activities, don't be shy and join!! Girls too, please join!! Most of the new members are still new to this and they are complete noobs, even I am a noob!! FIGURE SKATING IS FUNNNNNN!!!!!!!