Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 6, 2011

TED

I don't quite remember what TED stands for ( Technology, Entertainment ...???) but I thought that the lecture was very interesting by the way the man spoke because he sometimes made jokes. I agreed that men speak "reductive" and women speak more "expansive". I definetly thought that I was on the expansive side. As he said that 25% of Europeans are devastated by sounds, I wondered what my room would sound like when I was in silence. So, I went home and listened to the sound and surprisingly, as I had all my electronic devices turned off and my windows shut, I heard a complete silence. I felt a little lonely but I actually liked the calmness. Silence might be important ,as we dont really have much time to listen to it, but I think that listening to the WWB ( wind, water, birds) sounds are important as well.