Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival

Now, I've finished writing an evaluation for IE Core 3 class tomorrow. I had a week to do that and started it the night before it's due; I even found the article at around 8 PM today. I have a really really storng tendency to do that kind of thing. Well, I guess I should start using the time schedule table Dr. Anderson gave to the class.

Today, I'd like to tell you about Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival in Aomori Prefecture because I'm from there and have been to the festival several times and think it is a wonderful festival. It is held in May, around Golden Week Holidays (since it's colder in Aomori, it takes about a month longer for the cherry blossoms to bloom than in Tokyo) and takes place in Hirosaki Castle Park, and thousands of people come every year. I guess some people in Aogaku have come to the festival. It is famous all over Japan. In the past two or three years, I've seen Chinese people in the festival. You can enjoy the cherry blossoms basically everywhere in the park.

Last year, I went to see the nightly view of the cherry blossoms (yozakura) with one of my friends. It was amazing! Just imagine that surrounding you are cherry trees beautifully lit up, some of which are big, old ones with drooping branches covered with the white pink, so long that they can almost reach out to the top of your head while you are walking down the path. As you go on encountering the gates, turrets and so on, you finally see Hirosaki Castle built on the stone wall on the other side of the beautifully red-colored wooden bridge charmed by old history. There is nothing bright except them; it is all dark. Being there, I felt as if, in the historical context, all modern things had been absorbed by the darkness, leaving only the cherry trees and the castle, and I was living in the Edo era.The cherry blossoms reflected on the surface of the sterams around the park are also very beautiful.

Oh, it's already 1 AM. I guess I gotta go to bed. I have a class in the first period today, but talking about something in my hometown makes me wanna call my friends. So I'll either go to bed, or call my friends and stay up all night doing something. I also want to say that I really like writing in English because I've spent approximately three hours making this blogpost. I hope to enhance my writing skills at Aogaku and  maybe become a journalist or editor. I'm thinking of going to graduate school, though. I guess I'm gonna call my friends in my hometown. I'll see you guys at class if I don't oversleep. Bye.