Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Varmints

The main character is a raccoon-like creature and the world he once lived which was full of nature with a beautiful blue sky suddenly turns into a horrible dirty world contaminated by factories and ugly buildings. As he grows weaker and weaker from the air pollution, he finds a girl who appreciates nature . In the end, they both succeeded on fleeting this ugly world.

I assume those raccoon-like creatures represent humans in the real world. How he grabbed the tip of the tree to preserve it really touched my heart. I never really gave much thought to environmental problem before just because it is nothing I am familiar with. All my life I have been in the city where there are plenty of natural parks as well as skyscrapers and modern buildings. People say that global warming is inflicting the earth and it is us to blame . Yet, I never believed their theory and kept on believing it is just this phase that comes once in a couple of centuries that the star starts to get vulnerable like all the other stars in the universe. However, by watching this video I changed my mind to 180 degree. Just because I cannot see the problem close to myself does not mean it is not really happening now threatening so many people and animals. If it is not us the humans who can save the planet and what else could? I strongly believe that this amazingly well created short film must be spread all over the world so that everyone can see and realize how wrong we are to treat our planet in this way. This made me realize this is no joke but the reality we are facing.