Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

IE

I must first say that, overall, I have enjoyed most parts of the classes and they have greatly improved my English-writing proficiency. Thanks at least partly to them, I got the score of 24/28 in an essay test (the 1st grade of Eiken) and passed the first screening stage the other day. It is not quite impressive score, but more than enough to take me to the second stage. I feel very thankful to you all for that.

As a token of my gratitude to professor, here I will write some points both good and remaining to be improved which I wish would be of some help. I wrote some on the back side of the questionnaire, but the time was not enough.

Good points:

Professor's talks were practical and of general application in that they seemed to be quite necessary not just to survive university courses, but to do well in the real world after graduation. The advice was quite impressive to the effect that to be successful, one needs to do more than expected, rather than to be contented with having doing just bare minimum(but in the presentation part, I could not do even bare minimum).

Professor's attitude and class room atmosphere helped make me quite sure that in this class, it was safe to express one’s opinions and thoughts freely and this belief encouraged me to write political and historical issues freely. Very fair.

Points remaining to be improved:

It is maybe useful to make narrow the range of media discussion subjects. By doing so, it would become much easier to acquire a number of subject-related vocabularies and to deepen discussions.

Looking forward to seeing Armstrong the next semester in the academic writing class, being the “third” opportunity for me to see him in a class.