Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nothing is forever

I just looked at the poster Dr. Armstrong posted, but I thought the ban with the glasses was supposed to be the one LOOKING at the person with "bad manners" on the train, but that clearly is him, and no, you're supposed to barf in the restrooms!
I ride the subway so the manner posters I see on there are different and rather dull. I still don't understand why putting on make-up is considered bad manners. I bet I can ask the people at the train station or the person who made the poster, and they wouldn't be able to give me an concrete answer.
I'll write more on manners tomorrow.

Last week Michael Jackson passed away. Honestly, I wasn't a fan all that much, but when I read he passed away, it felt like my elementary school got burnt down, or perhaps a building I saw everyday that was in front of my house is now suddenly gone. If I said "it would never feel the same" I would be over-exaggerating, but he will be missed. It's just absolutely disgusting how his ex-wife who never looked after the kids is now all of a sudden claiming inheritance. Isn't she embarrassed? If MJ's father showed more love to him, maybe he would have lived a healthier life?
On Friday, right after school I went to Shibuya to meet up with my sister.
We went to Tower Records to see Michael's "hand"...


My sister who was a huge Michael fan would from time to time yell "WHY DID HE DIE??" out loud while walking in Shibuya...

On Monday, she played a show and after she sang her set, she came back out to sing a tribute song for Michael called "Ben"
She covered this song on her 2nd single and there were a lot of people in the crowd crying it was unbelieveable.




He may be dead, but his legacy still lives on in her.