Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, July 3, 2009

pretty please with tomato on top?

Miki : Did you already go to Sakuragicho I missed the day where they had the gigantic spiders but I really want to go to the exhibition soon. In fact I only live 20 minutes away! And I always wondered how people were able to communicate using English and Japanese back then, but still, how did the officials of Nagasaki learn English?

---------------------

I was going through some old photos from 2-3 weeks ago, and I totally forgot to share this :


What do you think this is?

YES! it's a veggie short-cake! The sponge is green from Komatsuna ( I looked it up online, and since it's a Japanese vegetable, theres no English name for it) and instead of straw berries, it has tomatoes inside!

This is a zucchini mousse cake, and the second photo is a avocado rare cheese cake & carrot tart.



It was very different from what I expected. I was very please by how they hardly use any sugar so it wont cancel out the distinctive flavor of each vegetable but it's still weak. You must have a delicate and sensitive tongue to enjoy the zucchini cake, but I really like the idea.

To tell you the truth, I hated this store because I thought the producer Aya Kakisawa
"stole my idea" hahaha
I have always had many ideas for cakes and even made cupcakes using vegetables on valentines day myself. When I first saw Aya Kakisawa on TV I was angry because they were making a big deal out of what I have been doing since 3 years back with my friend. She even said it wasn't her idea, but a customer asked her to make an unusual cake.

The neat thing was that she was going to visit the high school I graduated from to talk about her career. I skipped class and went to my high school to find out I came on the wrong day. I had to skip class again and finally got to see her.

I then completely changed my opinion on her. She has been studying macrobiotic cooking for a long time so she has the knowledge and skills on how to deal with different types of vegetables while keeping it healthy; something I was completely foreign to. She even visits numerous farms and picks out the best organic vegetables in the country. It just happened so that she had a customer who wanted her to bake a unique cake and she just had komatsuna leaves lying around in the kitchen. I saw her in a new light and had much more respect for her after her presentation.

After that I got to meet her. It was funny how someone told her that I came on the wrong date. She was very happy when I told her I went to her store.