Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Genpatsu-kun and Otaku

I'm so sorry for my late post.

At first, I talk about "Genpatsu-kun". Actually, I have already seen this animation soon after the earthquake occurred. Since I didn't know the nuclear plant system, I thought it was good way of explaining what was going on. Some people might think the fact was not so easy like this animation, it was really serious. However, I think this way of explanation is good for children and also adults, because I think we cannot understand only with the fact. We sometimes need something that helps our understanding.

Next, "Otaku". I thought those movies were so interesting. I don't exactly understand otaku culture, but I thought some definitions were wrong. One of them is "Tsundere". In that movie, saying harsh words means she likes him. However, I think it is not true. "Tsundere" means the behavior that changes depends on the situations. For example, usually, a girl isn't interested in a boy (it means "tsun"), but when the situation becomes just two of them, she becomes more kind, and take interest in him (it means "dere").
I tried to explain otaku culture in english, but I'm afraid it wasn't clear. Anyway, I thought to tell our culture in english is quite difficult o