Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bullying and Cyberbullying Lecture

The TELL lifeline and outreach service has been by our side since 1990, but this was the first time for me to know the existence. Although not many information in the lecture were new, it was still very interesting and beneficial for me.

The ways of bullying are changing. It used to be relatively visible, but nowadays it is difficult to find out because of verbal bullying and cyberbullying, which are usually unnoticeable just by a single glance.
Bullying can happen to anyone at any time, and the lecture made me reconsider that it is everybody's problem. During the talk, the speaker, Ms. Naohara, stated, "No human being deserves to be bullied." These are the words that vividly remain in my mind. I have never become a victim, a bully, or a bystander before, but if I were to come across bullying, I would introduce TELL to everyone or use it myself.

After listening to this talk, I set myself a goal to be an up-stander as well as an active listener. I would like to be an up-stander who can speak up for those in need. I also want to gain active listening skills so that I can understand and interact with people more deeply.
Overall, the TELL lecture was a very good opportunity for me to think a lot about bullying and what we can do to somehow decrease the number of people suffering from it.

No comments: