Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, June 9, 2017

TELL LECTURE

Tell Lifeline is a free, anonymous and confidential English-language telephone counseling service offered throughout Japan.

In this lecture I notice how hardly I knew about Bullying.

Bullying is a distinctive pattern of harming and humiliating others, specifically those who are i someway smaller, weaker, younger, or in anyway more vulnerable than the bully.

☝The effect on Bullying on school.

     ・Develop an environment of fear and disrespect.

      ・Students experiencing difficulty in learning.

      ・Students disliking school, and never come to school.


☝Being Bullied and suicide risk.

      ・Depressive symptoms.

      ・Harming themselves.

      ・Higher rate of suicidal thoughts.

      ・Attempted suicide.


I myself was not bullied in my whole entire life but I had experienced being a bystander in third grade. When I was walking to go to the bathroom, I heard a big loud screaming noise from a small room next to the bathroom. Two girls were saying mean and cruel things to the vulnerable little girl. I knew I had to do something but I was too scared at that time. I thought maybe if I go out there and help her out, I might get bullied as well. So I left that situation as if I hadn't seen anything. I had never told about the situation to my teacher or my friends.

That vulnerable little girl eventually quit school. I had no words. From that moment, I came to hate myself for how selfish I was. I knew I could have put a stop to the situation by telling the teacher or put my full energy to step into that place and convince the bullyer to put a stop to it.



I consider Tell Lifeline very necessary for people being bullied. However, this tool will not clearly prevent the rate of bullying. In my personal view, training should be offered for all teachers to respond to the bullying. Teacher's job is not only to educate facts to students but also to observe each students and reinforce each potentials. teachers needs the ability to see the relationship of each students and see whether everyone is getting along with each other. If not, maybe the teacher can have a school life.