Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Various Responses

Hey everyone! I am coming in to reply to some things. I always read this but I don’t jump in much because I really try to let this be YOUR forum. It is Too Easy for me to talk and dominate the proceedings so I want to let you guys have this free space. 🙂

Ryota made a good point about “what is a discussable topic?” Yes, an experienced “discusser” can probably find the social debate issue in practically anything. But, not everyone is in that category. It is clear that some issues are more “information” and others are both “understandable” and “opinion diverse”. Those latter are the ones that make the Best Discussions. If you want to present a topic, make sure to Frame the Debate such that varied points of view are clearly possible.

Mai (and others) has been wanting to know about Comments. When I used to have Comments, no one ever read them because they get “buried” in a second level. I’ll tell you what: let’s experiment with Bringing Them Back. OK? I will re-enable the Comments from today and we will see if we can get even better interaction. You should be able to clearly see a “Post a Comment” hotlink at the bottom of each post. Blog on!

No comments: