Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Binta and The Great Idea

An African girl named Binta can go to school as well as other children, but her cousin Soda cannot because her father won't allow her to do so. He thinks girls need not to go to school. However, the children in Binta's school performed a play to tell Soda's father that every children as well as Soda have the right to be educated equally. Binta's father had a great idea to adopt tubab(white people) to teach what is going on in the world and to give a cultural contribution.

At first, I thought that Binta means slapping someone, so the title of this short movie means "Slapping someone and The Great Idea." lol  However, the movie told us that we were brought up in a favorable environment comparing to African children. Not only African children, but children who are living in poor countries cannot go to school for many reason, for example they don't have enough money to do so. We take it for granted that we can go to school, but we should know there are a lot of children who cannot go to school even if they want. This movie also showed us that there are many people who cannot count numbers because they couldn't get education. Those people are deceived when they make a commodities trade with merchants.

I have seen a lot of students in this university who cut lectures and play with friends since I entered this university. I want to make them watch this movie and understand what is going on in poor countries. I also want them to know that there are many children who cannot go to school and get enough education even if they want.


Today, I went to school though I had no class. As I told you on last blog, I have been very busy recently. I have a lot of things to do. Of course I want to study at home, but if I studied at home, I would fall asleep because there is a very comfortable bed in my house. Yakitori-don, which I ate today, was very delicious!!!!!  You guys should eat it !! It was more delicious than Toriten-don, which I love very much.

See you tomorrow.