Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Genpatsu-kun and Nuclear boy

Watching "Genpatsu-kun" and "Nuclear boy" made me feel uncomfortable, however, I think they are nice and easy for children to understand about the nuclear disaster which happened in Japan. The fact that the two videos were using poo to describe the nuclear disaster might seem inappropriate, but it definitely catches children's attention. When I was on the train, heading to school, I saw an advertisement of a Chinese character text book which uses the word poo in all of the example sentences. It was interesting to see the ad because I think it shows the acceptance of the word poo in Japanese society.
If I had to pick which video I liked better, I would choose the "Genpatsu-kun" video. The "Nuclear boy" video's narration sounded like robots and the main character was a brown skinned boy so I thought that will make some people uncomfortable watching the video.
Both stories were almost identical and I liked the last message. However, I thought both videos were teaching false information to the children. After watching the video I was confused because the video seemed to tell us that the nuclear disaster is a short term thing and not that of a big deal. Maybe the creator of the video wanted to comfort the children assuring they will be fine, however, I think they deserve to know the truth just like us. I liked the simpleness and the easiness of the two videos but it should have had more real information about the disaster.