Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, October 9, 2015

Changing departments


 
To tell you the truth, I belonged to the economic department last year. It was true that I was really interested in English or foreign language when I went to high school, though, I supposed learning economics or law was better for job-hunting. Besides I chose politics and economy as my examination subject then and I liked it. So it was a lot of fun in economic department at first but in the middle of the term I realized that my major should be English after all. I decided to take an exam to transfer. The exam were writing, listening, composition, and an individual interview; both in English and Japanese.

 As I attended the very first class in April, I was nervous and worried about everything. Little by little, I accustomed myself to the system of the class and things like that. Now I am very happy to be able to learn English every day. And sometimes I eat lunch with or go to go hang out with my friends of the department of economics.

 There are a lot of differences between the two. Last year I had not so much assignment ( in my class, at least ).  So lots of homework absolutely surprises me now. As for the lecture, in economic department, most of the classe was taken place in a large-sized room. We did not do group discussions or presentation often; economics is a study that calculation and analyzing data by oneself. 

Both departments are so great and give us good learning environment. I hope my experience this time will be helpful for my future.