Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Volunteer Work


Have you volunteered before?

Last Saturday I volunteered at a place called Zou no Hana Park in Yokohama City. It's right next to Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, so you could see it from the park.

At the park, there was this event which children could experience to work, get paid (not real money), and then, get candy from what they earned. It was like a small society in that park. There were many work booth and I volunteered in one of those. The chidren were very energitic and worked with enthusiasm. They were so cute. I actually learned many things from them and it was such a great day.

After volunteering the member of the Non Profit Organization (NPO), the Connection of the Children invited me for a late lunch at their sharehouse which also could be a guesthouse. It was very nice of them. The house was under construction when I visited and there were many things all over the place, but the wall were very nice. Guest from all over the world left messages and pictures on the wall. It was colorful and just looking at them I could hear the laughter.

This was my first time participating in Connection of the Childern. I enjoyed very much with the members, so I would like to do it again. Sadly, there is one next week, but I'm not available, so maybe next week?


 
the outside of the sharehouse