Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, June 12, 2015

So much to do and so little time

I recently started a part time job waitressing. It's actually my first real job because in high school I belonged to the dance club and didn't have much time after school. I have done some English teaching jobs on weekends in the past for some friends english school however, it was my friend so although I got paid it was more like doing a favor. Back to my main subject, I had work today as well. And my friends from IE came to my work place today! I was happy but a little embarrassed. Thank you for coming though!
 Monday and Tuesday were horrible because it was so busy and I get very nervous so I made many mistakes. However, though it was busy today as well I din't make that many mistakes. I think I am slowly getting used to the job. What I need to work on now is along with accuracy,  is speed. Dinner time becomes very crowded so I often get flustered especially because I am the only waitress there. However, although I make mistakes and have to check with the customers about their order so many times they are all so nice and understanding. Many costumers leave saying thank you for the meal or good luck. That is probably the highlight of my work. It's so reassuring and I feel I can work harder to do better. It is very stressful for me because I am a slow learner and i get very very nervous. Also I am so tired and cranky at school almost everyday now because of less sleep and late night hours. It's is not good because it is affecting my school life as well. But it's life so I have to deal with it so I wull  take this as a chance to grow and become stronger!