Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Homework

Taking care of kids is tiring but fun as well.
There is one little girl who is from Costa Rica. Her parents speak Spanish, and so I try to speak to her in Spanish using what little knowledge I have from middle school. I was happy to find that she understood some of the things I said, and smiled when I said that her sticker was pretty. She can't speak yet, but nodded and smiled at my weak Spanish.
Oh yes, I didn't know what "Dolphin" or "mammal" was in Spanish, so I just said "pescado" which means "fish." I looked it up.
Dolphin--> delfín
mammal--> mamífero
They are so similar!
I know some people would be furious for me to describe a dolphin as fish.
She seemed to get what I was saying, though.