Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Contemporary Ballet

 Recently, I thought about my Contemporary Ballet life. I've been dancing Contemporary Ballet since I was 3. 
 I thought I was pretty talented till I was 10 until a shocking moment came to me. Every year, my coach picks one of her favorite dancer to put her/him in a competition. However, in order to be chosen in a competition, you need to be her favorite dancer in the whole studio, have an outstanding and extraordinary talent than anybody else in the studio, be flexible, and have special ways to express yourself. Until I was 10, I got picked up by her as a dancer for the  competition. Every year, I won somewhat kind of medals or prize even though it wasn't in the top three. Because I'm pretty competitive person and like to challenge my self, I still wasn't satisfied with what I haven't done even though my coach and my family were. So kept practicing and practicing 9 hours a week.

 However, when was 10, it was the first challenging year for me. That year, I didn't get picked up as a dancer to be in a competition. I was just a little girl and because I expected a lot on my self apt more and because I thought that I wasn't my coach's favorite anymore and she hates me now, I cried and cried. After that, I practiced harder than I used to, which was 11hours a week. At last, I was able to be her favorite again and get back into the competition. 

 This story of mine just came to my mind because I was watching "Dance Mom" recently on YouTube and Maddie Ziegler was experiencing the same as what I've gone through. Being someone's favorite feels great but tough at the same time.