Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, June 12, 2009

star trek

I think most American know the name and some of them have the memory to be really into it when they were young. It was the classic SF TV series and influence many other SF movies and TV series released after it. In Japan, it is released in the name of Utyudaisakusen and also became a big fad among boys.So, many lovers of Star trek could hardly wait to watch it which had been seven years since the last movie was made.Honestly, I have never watched the movies and TV series. But, I am one of them who are looking forward to watch it. There are two reasons why I want to watch it. First of all, the director is J.J.Abrams who directed M:I:3 and produced Clover field. I love both movies. And he is also the creator of LOST. It is very famous TV series all over the world. And, There is the most important reason. It's Simon Pegg. I think there are few people who know the name. It is natural because the most movies he appeared were released by DVD and even some of them are not released in Japan. But, his movies are really funny and crazy. If you like comedy, you will like him. I want to recommend "Shawn of the dead" and "Hot Fuzz" the one is a parody of the classic horror, "Dawn of the dead".the other is also a parody of Hollywood action movies. the common point is the two movies are really funny. I don't know why these movies are not taken up by mass media. I suppose the reason is clear. No stars, no CG and no big budget. I also think there are too many movies of sequels to the popular movie series like terminator, transformer and angels and demons. I know it is a difficult situation for movie industry, but I don't like the situation filled with such movies. In Star Trek, though there are no Hollywood stars, it recorded the top box-office success in this year compared to terminator. I hope it will become the lead to change the difficult situation and hasten to reconsider the way of making films in Hollywood.


http://hotfuzz.gyao.jp/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhBGFqldAvk