Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, June 12, 2009

good environment for children

Last Thursday, I went to Sagamihara city as a volunteer to help the social welfare foundation to take care of children temporary. Even to be courteous, the place doesn't have a good location. There are only two rooms in an apartment. When I was guided into the rooms by the person in charge, I was so shocked. Honestly, I doubted whether it is possible to take care of them. But, Children didn' t seem to be distressed by that surroundings. According to him, most children arrive the room about the 3: 30 p.m. and they play baseball and ride bicycles in a small space near the apartment with him until 5:00 p.m. After that, They clean the rooms and wait for their parents to come for them. I was nervous because I have never experienced this type of volunteer. In fact, children seemed to be afraid of me. But, they got to open their minds to me as we played baseball and dodge ball. Though it was so good to see their smiles, it was very hard to play with them because they sometimes talk nonsensical ideas and grabbed my clothes. I was surprised their vitality. However,I noticed the two rooms are not proper space for them to work off their excess energies. The person in charge told me it is difficult to play outside since there are no park near the apartment and there is a curfew for them. So, I 'm considering a good solution. And, if you are interested in volunteer, please enter the bottom site.


http://www.sagamiharashishakyo.or.jp/volunteer/