Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Power to the people

Unbelievable......

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2009/06/21/intv.nasr.neda.cnn


If you pay attention, you hear "twitter" at 2:30~

Then this video came up next :



I was going to post how I thought Twitter wasn't all that appealing to me since I prefer long posts but after watching these videos I remembered the time when YouTube first got famous. I remember I was astonished thinking "wow, this is a revolution!"

Young people with the power of the internet could seriously shake things hard.
If the internet went into North Korea that country would change for sure.
I remember seeing a Democracy-Now! banner that said
"In the face of war, facts are your only weapon"

I really hope more and more people will make great use of the media. Not only twitter or facebook, but independent news and also music.
M.I.A. a Sri Lankan refugee which her lyrics are inspired by the status quo of Sri Lanka now, wrote in her song "20 Dollar" :
"I put people on the map who never seen a map."


.........And what are we doing?