Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My dance circle's spring camp

After going back and forth and taking forever to decide I joined a dance circle outside of my own school. I tried out Aoyama Gakuin's dance circle as well and though they were amazing my heart went towards WUB. WUB is Waseda University's official dance circle however, almost half the members are from other universities. They call this a " inkare " circle which I believe means inter college. I'm sorry if I'm wrong ha! I went to the spring camp last weekend. It so much fun! I hadn't been dancing for a while so it felt so good to dance again! We had lessons and try out work shops of each genre in the day time and at night we would have DJ time and dance battles. I didn't enter in the dance battle however, watching the senpais battle made me want work harder and maybe battle sometime too. For those of you who don't know what a dance battle is I will explain. There are two teams on either side. As the DJ plays a random track of songs each person from the teams have to dance free style to whatever song is playing. One person must dance about 30 seconds each. Basically it is a dance show off. I have been dancing for four years now however, I do not have the confidence to battle. I am hoping that in WUB I can find my own style and be confident to battle. And although I am a hip hop dancer I have always wanted to do wack. Wack is a funk genre. In WUB I decided to join the wack genre in stead of hip hop. It's so foreign to me but I hope to become a good wack dancer as well.