Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Recent things:)

 I recently quit my work at Hollister.Co Tokyo Bay for several reasons.

 First of all, the image and purpose of the brand totally changed. They basically changed the hiring policy and he brand image. They now call the models as "brand representatives" and impact associates as "stock associates". They even stopped using sexual image or shirtless lifeguards on greetings or on their shopping bag. Also, they now allow associates to have more unnatural look such as allowing them to put eyelash extensions, allowing them to put more make up on such as eyeliner or eyeshadow, and allowing them to have more lighter dyed hair. And because they are not my thing, I quit working there.

(Link down below for more informations!)
http://www.bustle.com/articles/78656-abercrombie-fitch-changes-hiring-policy-loosens-dress-code-and-ditches-those-naked-models
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102617924

 Secondly, their designs and materials of clothes got so much worse even though they didn't change the price at all. Which made me feel like I would rather work in another surf brand like Roxy or Hurley.

 Lastly and most importantly, I wanted to dream bigger and try something new on my model career. So far, I'm planning on auditions held in May and August. 

 Therefore, I quit my work at Hollister.Co Tokyo Bay. I'm not trying to offend this brand or telling people not to shop there, but this was just my personal opinion:)