Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 1, 2015

I want breakfast at Tiffany's, too

I'm sure everyone's heard of or watched the movie adaptation (which I refuse to believe in the existence of, heheh). Yet, I've been meaning to read Truman Capote's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for a while, and so you would understand my excitement when I found a copy at Aogaku. I look forward to checking out more books from the library; I'm planning to grab some Hemingway on my next hunt.

Summed up, the story is about a writer in the 1940's who encounters a young, eccentric woman who is trying to look for her place in the world. That's where the title comes from; to Holly, the woman, the jewelery store Tiffany's is a place of perfection which makes her feel better whenever she's not in a great mood. I feel her - I feel like I haven't found my own "place" yet, although I still think that Aogaku is a great place to be.