Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thinking for a while of the earthquake and victims of it

Good morning. I am Naoki Uchiumi. I have been thinking of the victims of the earthquake and the survivors from it. Some of us may strive as hard as we can to convince sufferers of the earthquake that we know how they feel or are trying hard to understand how they feel. I think that unless we directly experienced the natural disaster in reality, we can neither understand how they feel nor try to understand it. We have watched many sad scenes of calamity via TV, but the reality should have been far worse than it is on TV. I think that it can hurt and anger the survivors for us to carelessly tell them that we know how they feel or that we are trying to know how they feel. Indeed, it is beyond my imagination to lose the loved ones in such a natural disaster as what incurred the loss of a great number of people more than a month ago. So, I cannot say such a thing. As I have never been caught in such a grave natural disaster, I cannot understand how it was 'in reality'. I can no longer understand it than I can understand how what I have never experienced in real was. Instead we should sympathise with them by comforting them, telling them ' it must have been so hard. You survived. You did well. You no longer have to do any harder. We are with you.', instead of convincing them of our comprehension of their feelings or our endeavour to comprehend them.