Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

A cappella Live Concert

Hey guys, how's it going? Hope you guys had a nice weekend :)

Today, I'm gonna be writing about my first a cappella concert held in Sagamihara campus yesterday.

I had classes in the morning, but the live concert was to be started at 2:30 pm, so there was no problem in my schedule. Classes being over at 0:30 pm, I hurried to the destination. It took less than an hour from Shibuya to Fuchinobe, the nearest station of Sagamihara campus. Actually it was the second time for me to visit it, but I was really impressed by how beautiful the campus was. Of course, the buildings themselves were great, but more surprisingly, there was a vast lawn spreading in front of a curch! How nice! When arriving there, the live concert was just around the corner. I was gradually getting nervous, and finally, the live concert started.

I don't know whether it was fortunate or unfortunate, but our band was the first one to perform at the live concert. I wasn't confident at all, but I wished my hard work for over two months would pay off. After our band's turn coming, I did my best anyway. I was singing just hard, without thinking about anything. It was as if I were in a dream world. I don't remember the moment clearly... Our performance had been over when I came out of a dream. It seemed time flied. I don't remember the moment that much, but I can say with certainty that we did really well and our efforts were rewarded at that time. It's like nothing was better than the moment. We all had much fun singing a cappella at the live concert. Yeah, we were on cloud nine!

Back in the day when we started practicing a cappella in April, our performance was literally awful. Especially I couldn't easily sing as written on the score. But the harder I practiced, the more exactly I was able to sing. Even though I was literally swamped with lots of homework, I had an awesome time thanks to a cappella. I just like singing. I just like being with my band members. I was really happy to be a member of this band. It's a bit hard for me that our band has broken up after the live concert, but hopefully I'll be able to do a cappella with my band members again in the near future. I'm going to hone my singing ability even harder in order to contribute to more harmonious a cappella performances. But I always have to keep this proverb in my mind; "Don't forget the enthusiasm you had at the beginning." I want to be enthusiastic about a cappella for good.

Thanks for reading, and see you guys again soon ;)