Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The biggest failure in my life

To Jumpei,
I saw a picture you posted on Twitter. It looked like really painful. Hopefully you'll get better soon.


Related to his post, I'm gonna be talking about my biggest failure in my life today.

As I said before, I was a vocalist of a band when I was in high school. Our band started practicing three songs roughly two months before the live concert at the school festival. We met up every week and practiced really hard in order to make our performance more harmonious. We did our best and were confident in our performance until just before the live concert... however...

We were doing well as usual at the beginning of the performance. But I forgot a part of the lyrics out of the blue, and my mind went blank while I was singing on the stage. I don't know why. I can't have been nervous. But it is obvious that my mind completely went blank. It was thoroughly because of me that our performance ended up being awful. I thought nothing was worse than my failure at that moment. The only thing I could do was, to cry myself. No matter how much I apologized to the other members for my failure, I couldn't stop feeling guilty. Perhaps that's what I think is the biggest failure in my life so far.

I was overwhelmed just after the live concert. However, thanks to the encouragement my friends gave me, I gradually got better and back to normal. Now, I think that experience gave me self-confidence as well as courage. Before, I was always feeling nervous whenever I had to make a speech in front of a large audience. After undergoing that experience, however, I came to be positive even under such circumstances.

The lesson my experience as a vocalist gave me is, in short, expressed with a following proverb: "Failure is a stepping stone to success." We tend to be negative after failing, but the experience definitely gives us some tips to be successful in the next stage. Actually my first a cappella live concert is going to be held next week, which will be the first one in more than a year for me. I'm feeling a bit nervous and there's no guarantee that our performance is going well at the live concert, but I'll do my best anyway! Be positive. you can do it, Kentaro!!