Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Teaching English and English grammar

The other day, I was teaching my Japanese friends who are still in high school, English.

One of my friends asked me a question which still puzzles me. He asked me what the differences were between these sentences that he created:


"I will not leave until I see you start cleaning your room."

and

"I will not leave until I see you starting to clean your room."


It's been three years since I moved to Japan, and my opportunities to speak and listen to English has decreased significantly compared to when I lived in the States. Still, I try to keep my English fluency at the same level as my Japanese. But, both of these two sentences seem OK to me; they both make sense, and it doesn't seem grammatically wrong. 

Any thoughts anyone? I'd really like your opinions.