Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, July 8, 2022

baito

Something that’s been in the back of my mind lately: “God, I really need to get a part-time job.”

Currently, I’m paying for all of my non-tuition and non-rent expenses with my own money saved up over the years, from my minimal high school okozukai of 1000 yen per month, from my otoshidama that I’d get from my grandparents at New Year’s and immediately hide away in my Totoro “piggy” bank, and from my little spurt of work that I did last year, at a small soba restaurant and at a local ramen chain’s main kitchen. 

I thought that by the time I ran out, I’d have long gotten another part time job and started raking in some cash, but sadly, it seems as though I guessed wrong. 

I haven’t run out yet, but I am dangerously close. And you might be saying, well, Noyu, if your parents are paying for your tuition and rent, what else is there to spend money on? That’s where I say to you, how about FOOD, huh?? Shampoo?? Toilet paper!??? Can you imagine if I ran out of money and stopped being able to afford toilet paper? I’ll have to go against that “please don’t steal our toilet paper” sign I see plastered all over the place.

I’m sure that if I just asked, my parents would be more than willing to lend me money for toilet paper, but the thing is, I don’t come from a wealthy family. They’re already paying a private university tuition and rent for a single room apartment in Tokyo for me, which I know is far more than they can comfortably handle(despite what they tell me). I want to pay for at least some things myself for once, you know? I feel bad.

Either way, though, with tests and finals coming up, I reaally don't have time to be getting a job right now. So let’s just pray to the gods that my current toilet paper stash lasts me til the end of the month!!


No comments: