Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, November 15, 2013

book report

The books presented last class actually sounded all really interesting!
Every presentations made me want to read the books, even the ones I read before.

One book I was interested and want to read the most, was Gulliver's Travels presented by Minori.
I had known the book only by the title, but never really been interested in it because I thought the book was a kind that's just for enjoying the mood of adventure and has no insightful contents.
When I heard it was written in 18th century, I was really shocked and surprised by its history that it had been popular ever since the time it was published, more than 200 years!
Then she went on that the chapters in the story each has a role of symbolic meaning, which I thought was the complete opposite.
It really changed the impression of the book, and I'd love to read it.
If not in English, at least in Japanese translated version.

In class, almost all the books presented were all very very popular, so I knew I would instantly be interested in every one of them.
But actually hearing the stories and explanations gave me more correct and powerful impressions of the book than I expected, and it definitely enlarged the choices of books I would read next.
And it was pretty fun talking about the book I read to other people too!

For the next report, I am thinking of reading The Great Gatsby.