Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

New acquaintances

   Oh my gosh recently we have had so much homework and being so busy I almost forgot about the blog! Oops ha! Anyways I'll like to talk about some new friends I made yesterday. One of my friends I hadn't seen in two years was in the area and invited me to a gathering. There was him, my friend, five other japanese and the rest of the people there were foreigners. Most of my foreigner friends being people I've known since childhood, it was fun to meet other foreigners outside of school. There were Americans, a Bulgarian and a national Japanese man but with an Australian accent.  Later I found out he lived in Australia for a while thus the accent.
    Most of the people there were much older than me however, I was able to ask many questions about work life and life after collage. One woman I spoke with was a translator and she had just recently come back from London. I want to become a translator or interpretor in the future but as a job I fear that opportunities are becoming less and less with the growing modern technology and machines. However being able to listen to this woman's personal experiences I feel more reassured. She gave me lot of information and advice as well. I'm glad I was able to meet her.
      Later we went to karaoke all together. We sang old songs like eye of the tiger and it's my life. Most of the time when I go karaoke with my friends I am the only one singing English songs. It was fun to sing old classic songs with people who knew them as well. We didn't care how good we could sing. Everyone just sang at the top of their lungs all together! It was so loud and so crazy but I had so much fun. I'm glad I went and was able to meet so many amazing people.