Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, October 9, 2015

My high school days

My home town is Yamagata. Until I moved to Tokyo, I lived in a village. It took me 2 hours to go to my high school from my house. I had been to school by car and train for three years.
Firstly, let me introduce the history of my high school. My high school is Yamagata-nishi high school which is a girls’ high school. All students are girls. It has about 120 years of history. Among students, her grandmother and mother also graduated my high school. When it comes to school uniform, a sailor blouse and a skirt are adapted. As my school uniform is so traditional that it has never changed ever before. Some graduate are working on prominent jobs. Yoshimura Mieko, a prefectural governor in Yamagata, is one of them. What is more, Watanabe Eri and Aki Takejo, Japanese actresses, also graduated from my high school.
Secondly, there are many school events. Especially, my school has three big events. First event is chorus contest. It is held in June and the day when the contest is held is the anniversary of the foundation. In this contest, 18 classes compete with each other. The level of singing chorus is very high. Each of classes practice a free song which they decided to sing and a required song. Every class makes beautiful harmony.

Second event is an athletic festival which is held for two days before summer vacation. Each class makes class T-shirts. First-grade students make simple T-shirts. Second-grade students make polo shirts. When we become third-grade students, we are allowed to make a replica of soccer uniform. In case of mine, we made a replica of the uniform of the Argentine national soccer team. In this festival, we can take part in 7 events, which are soccer, volleyball, basketball, badminton, table tennis, a tug of war and a relay.

Final event is school festival which is held after summer vacation for three days. First day is eve for the festival and contest which decides who is the most handsome girl. Second day, those who belong to culture club performance. Chorus club sing some songs, Koto club paly some music, theater club perform. Third day is the public performance day. We provide a light diet to ordinary people. Every school event is so interesting that all of my high school students work on every event hard.


In my high school days, I was busy of commuting and studying. But all of my classmates were so kind to me that I enjoyed harsh school life. 

No comments: