Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Shogi!

Hi, everyone!
Today, I'll write about one of my hobbies.


Playing shogi is one of my hobbies.
Do you know shogi and how to play it?
My father taught me how to play shogi when I was a 3rd or 4th year student in elementary school.
Shogi is played with 40 pieces and a board which has 81 squares.
First, you have to learn which pieces move to which squares.
This is the hardest task, I think.
You can't play unless you memorize it.
After doing it, just play!
At first, I would often play shogi with my father, but after a game held in a community center for word residents, which I took part in, an old gentleman (who also took part in the game and was much better at shogi than me) said to me "How about coming to my home and improving your skill?"
This made me glad, and I decided to do so.
As time went by, my skill improved a lot, and then he introduced another gentleman to me who had a license as an instructor of shogi.
This was also a big chance.
He was teaching shogi to a lot of children.
Thanks to their support, I was able to become better at shogi.
Unfortunately, during the entrance examination term for high school, I couldn't visit him, and even after entering high school, I couldn't visit him much.
Now, I live on my own, so I have nobody to play shogi with...


How about playing shogi with me???


Thank you!