Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, September 26, 2014

What is the best way to improve English?

When did you start studying English?
How much has your English improved since then?


I have wondered what the best way to improve my English is since I started studying English when I was a junior high school student.
I had assumed that "studying abroad" was the best way until I found that it was a little wrong.
It's true that studying abroad helps me a lot to improve my English, BUT my homeroom teacher, who taught me English in high school said to me "Studying abroad is only one of the best ways.  Now that there are a lot of people from other countries in Japan, I'm sure you have things you can do inside Japan."
I was surprised to hear that.
We can have opportunities to communicate with people from other countries, to be asked for the nearest way, to take the same train as them, and so on.
Now, I understand what the teacher wanted to tell me.
I always try to pay attention to the following things.
   Try to use English as much as possible in everyday life
   Listen carefully to English every day
   Take my time to choose suitable expressions
   In writing English, pay special attention to whether sentences I wrote are correct grammatically
All things considered, I have reached the conclusion that doing what I can do in Japan and then studying abroad is the best way.


Do you have any recommended way to improve English?