Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Saturday

Last Saturday, I went to Aogaku for two things: the advanced placement test for my second language (French) and the introductory meeting for the school's english newspaper committee.

A surprisingly few people - around six - turned up, but halfway through the test, I noticed a faint, but obnoxious din coming from Building 1. It just so happened (unfortunately) that the Beatles Lyrics Translation Club was performing for freshmen. The BLTC, contrary to it's name, not only plays Beatles covers but also many other Western bands. So, by the time I heard the familiar, funky beat of "Dani California" faintly streaming in through the windows, I quickly handed in the test and went to check out the show.

What I saw disappointed me. Never have I seen a deader crowd, but at the same time, heard that much of an ear-splitting performance in a while. The band was at least good, in my opinion, and even the singer made an effort to stir the crowd by rushing in shirtless and yelling out a rendition of "Search and Destroy" (originally a Stooges song) in the finale. Maybe the club should ditch the foldable chairs and let the audience stand up the next time they host a gig.

After that, I attended the introduction for the newspaper committee and then went to my first freshman welcoming party. I was able to meet plenty of senpai and other freshmen, many of whom came from the School of  English Literature (?) as well. By the way, the results for my test came on the same day, and the results: I passed.

However, it turns out that the party wasn't good on my body, and I ended up spending most of Sunday in bed, ill.