Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Shower Thought pt2

Since some of you (by some I mean like 2) seemed to like my last shower thought post, maybe I'll make this a series. I can't guarantee a fun post every time, but I'll try to choose topics that would probably make sense in other people's heads. Sometimes my mind goes places I didn't even know it could go and I end up confusing myself.

Anyway, I've always wondered, what do animals think of humans? Do they look down on us? Do they think we're narcissistic? As humans, we've been taught to believe that we're at the top of the animal hierarchy. I'm not saying that is false, because it's been scientifically proved that our brains are very advanced. Yet at the same time, I feel we think too highly of ourselves at times. 

Here are some other questions that have crossed my mind regarding this topic:

Do they know we're using them when they're being animal tested? 

Do pets view their "owners" as their master? Or do they consider us as THEIR "pets"? (When you really think about it, it's the humans that are providing the food, the shelter and everything else. So who's the real boss here? Don't get me wrong, animals give us so much joy and emotional support, but at the same time...)

Do zoo animals know they're the being displayed? Or are the humans the ones putting on a show by walking around?

Are they playing dumb in front of humans because they are secretly planning an attack to destroy the human specimen one day?

Is there a parallel universe where all the animals are placed higher in the animal hierarchy than the humans?


Do these even count as shower thoughts? I'm not quite sure. If I did my research, I'd probably have found the answers to all the questions listed. Unfortunately, I'm not that invested in finding them out, so it's up to you what you do with the information. 

No comments: