Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

transgender

Everytime I write on the blog, it seems to be rainy.lol

Anyways, today I'd like to talk about transgender.
Well, actually before I saw the movie in IE 3, I saw another movie the day before in one of the Aoyama Standard classes.
So, I'd like to talk about the video I saw in Aoyama standard.

Well, it was a documentary on a person in Japan, who's suffering with transgender. The video we saw in IE was about a person who had GID. GID is when the inner sex doesn't match with the outer parts of the body. For instance, your body was born as a girl, but your inner self is acts like a boy; you prefer baseball rather than playing with dolls, you fall in love with girls, not boys. But the person in Japan, was not homosexual, nor was this person GID. It was much more complex than that.

This person, was born as a male, but the inner self was a woman. BUT, she or he fell in love with both men AND women. It might be rude to say this, but I have to say, I kind of felt sorry for her. She acts like a women, but she looks like a man, she was rejected from every job because she was transgender. She didn't have a fantastic life, she was bullied in her junior high, and high school years.

The thing that really annoyed me was the companies that rejected her because of her sex. I don't understand what the problem is. She's human, like all of us, and it's not like she has a problem communicating with people. Why does Japan make a big deal out of gender? and transgender? I think people should be more open to this issue, and people shouldn't see things in a negative way.