Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Syria

     Last Tuesday we listened to Ms. Keiko Tamura's lecture about a project called "Save the children" in Syria that she is participating in.
     I learned that there is bombing in populated civilian areas and that is making children having sleeping disorders, depression, fear and adults are increasing in violence against children. This decreases self-esteem and makes children feel discrimination. I was very shocked to hear that so many children are in such a devastating environment. "Save the Children" are making a child friendly and secure place for children to regain their childhood and let their fear and stress go away. I felt how strong Ms. Keiko Tamura was because it must be hard to be in the same environment with children with such a harsh background. I wouldn't know what to do if I were her.
     She said that "Save the Children" has a quote saying "NOT TO LET THEM GIVE UP THEIR FUTURES AND DREAMS". This quote impressed me and I agree exactly what this says. Every child should have a chance to be happy and be confident in themselves.
    I am glad to have heard this lecture and I learned a lot from this. I think it is important for us to know about this project. People should not forget about this problem and know more about it and support this Syria problem.