Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 23, 2014

A cappella

Today, I practiced a cappella with one of my club members. I was tired from singing and had a bit of a sore throat just after the practice, but now I feel happy to be able to see some progress in my performance. I hope the more I will practice, the better it will be. This time, I'm gonna write about my club activity in detail.

I would often watch a capella performances on TV when I was little. I even watched them over and over again on YouTube. I was moved by how beautiful the harmony was. Also, it was just surprising that we were able to create music without using any musical instruments. Even though watching and listening to the performances certainly made me feel excited at first, I gradually began to think that I had to know about it more profoundly, as I got absorbed in it. Doing it in reality was the only thing that would satisfy me. That's why I decided to join a cappella club in this university.

I've started to practice a cappella with my club members, aimed to a live concert for freshmen, which is to be held in July. There're four in my group, and every member loves singing, of course. We picked up two songs for the live concert, and have practiced them twice a week. I realized that doing a cappella was much harder than I had expected. I've totally been enjoying it so far, though. We have only less than a month until the live concert, so we must practice them even harder. I hope everything's gonna be alright and that we'll be successful in it.

"What makes a performance harmonious and syncronized?" I've been seeking the best answer to this question, which has yet to be found. Perhaps it'll be found after undergoing a lot of conflicts and overcoming such difficulties. I'm just in the beginning of the long process right now. I'm gonna try to find the answer, as well as improve my singing ability. My dream is, of course, making people moved by my a cappella performance in the future. I hope the day will come when I genuinely enjoy a cappella and find the answer to the question above.