Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, June 14, 2014

The value of my mother's work

Today, I went to a beauty salon near my apartment in order to have my hair cut and dye. In fact, this was the first time I went to a beauty salon, because my mother is a beautician and I had my hair cut by her at home since I was born. After going there this time, I realized how hard she were working as a beautician and how worthy her work was.

The beauticians there talked to me very friendly, which made myself at home. I was a bit nervous before going there, but soon, I got used to the atmosphere thanks to their friendliness. I didn't expect that beauty salons were such a nice place. I was just moved by their sophisticated services.

When I lived with my family in Akita, my mother didn't complain about her work at all. Rather, she seemed to enjoy working as a beautician. I knew she was always tired from working, but I couldn't do anything for her. She cut my hair whenever I asked her to, and of course, I paid nothing for her work even though it was sometimes worth paying more than 10,000 yen. I thought it was natural, and didn't show any gratitude for her work at that time. I guess I was too young to notice the value of her work. After leaving home and coming to Tokyo, however, I realized that I should have appreciated it. And now, I can say with certainty that she is the most admirable woman for me. ( I am too shy to tell this to her in person, though. )

"What do we work for?" -- this question has lots of answers and no best one, but I think the answer is "to make others happy." The beauticians who I met today seemed to work in order to make their customers happy, rather than just making their living. I'm still on my way to look for my dream, but I really wanna work to make others feel happy in the future, just like they are doing. Now, I thank those who I met in the beauty salon for giving me an oppiortunity to think about this and letting me realize how worthy my mother's work was.