Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Open Guide

     As a club activity at ESS, we guided foreign people at the Meiji Shrine yesterday.  I guided a family from the United States. We explained about the first gate we pass through, the Japanese casks and French wines, the main shrine, the couple tree, ema which is a wooden wishing tablet and omikuji which is fortune telling. I was very nervous if my English would come out fluently. However, the American family was very nice and appreciated our guide. I was very happy that they appreciated us for guiding and it made me want to do it again.
     Other than guiding we were allowed to talk about other things with the family so I talked about what part of the US they lived in. The girl answered that they live in New York and as we talked, I found out they lived very close to where I used to live. Free talk was also a fun part of guiding.
     I am looking forward to more ESS events!