Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, April 20, 2009

First post!

I finally signed up for this blog after a long long day of work.

MY BACK IS SERIOUSLY GOING TO BREAK IN TWO!


On my break I went to Sweetie Pie which is a gelato/cupcake store in Queens Isetan(Yokohama).
I used to be addicted to the gelato there when I was in high school.

Having huge purple bags under my eyes and hair that looked like two pigeons made a nest on my head, I walked up to the glass case where they have the cupcakes on display.

Right then, the nice employee smiles at me and says "Can I take your order?" (yes, in English)
well HELLO! what made you say that in English?

It really annoys me when this happens. Well actually no, I find it funny. Actually this is the second time this happened at this store.

When employees or anyone on the street randomly speaks to me in English I always try to ask them questions back in Japanese.
I asked the lady "Where do you import your pistachios from?" "How long will these last in the fridge?"
The lady stood there dumbstrucked. It's ok though. I already knew the answers anyway; they import their pistachios from Italy. And you should eat the cupcakes within 24 hours you buy them.


I don't know why but it has always bothered me when I would ask for directions in Japanese, for example in train stations or the police office, but they always reply in English.

I have class from 9am tomorrow so I'm gonna go to sleep now.

Good night
-Chris