Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Self-introduction

Hi everyone. I'm Kazuo Nogami. Let me introduce myself to everyone in Aogaku IE3.
I was born in Tokyo, Setagaya. My family moved to Maryland when I was two years old, and came back to Japan when I was four. I was really small then, so I don't remember much. Well, some I do. Like eating a lot of chocolate at Halloween and going to Baskin robbins with my big brothers. No wonder I am addicted to sweets now. After spending five years in a local primary school in Ebisu, moved to Hong Kong with my family. Lived there for two years, and then came back to Japan. I entered the local middle school in Shibuya,after spending two years in this school, we moved to Paris. I did not pick up Cantonese nor French because I went to the Japanese school. Still, I made great friends and had a unforgettable time. After Paris, I returned to Japan for high school. Those who are feeling a little tired reading this, should take a break and feed the fish. Aren't they lovely. Where was I, -yes, high school. Went to a high school near Ikebukuro called Sugamo koko. Didn't really like it because it was a boys school and very strict. After high school , did Ronin for a year, and got into Keio University SFC. This is when I made the most stupid mistake in my life. I dropped out in sophomore. Please don't ask why, because, to be honest, I don't really know why I did. I was young and foolish, I guess. So after that, I started working in a ski resort in Nagano where I'd been working part time since I was in high school during the winter breaks. All through summer and winter, I would work up there, and in spring, did some part time job in Tokyo. I am very sorry but I am not done yet. I enjoyed it, but didn't want to be doing this kind of thing for the rest of my life and couldn't wipe away the feeling to work abroad using my English skills. So I went to a Japanese school in Takadanobaba that teaches foreign students Japanese. Joined a class for Japanese people to learn how to teach Japanese to foreign students. Had a priceless experience there and learned something about teaching Japanese. The teachers there were wonderful people and they suggested to me that I go back to college and learn more about pedagogy, linguistics and other stuff. I took the entrance exams for Aoyama, got in, and here I am at this IE3 blog. I apologize for writing on and on about myself. This is my self-introduction, and I am ready to hear yours. Let's get to know each other well and exchange thoughts and ideas.