Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What can I get for 10 dollars? : Anything you want!

I can proudly say I'm a good listener. I sat through some of the most boring conversations today and still managed to ask the best questions. I teach English but we aren't allowed to use Japanese. One lady just sat there staring at me so I figured she didn't understand me. After explaining what I think about horses (yes, I had to pretend I was really fascinated in horses) she didn't say anything so I gave up and tried to explain in Japanese right before she mildly snapped at me for using Japanese. In the end she started asking me questions like "Are you Japanese?" I lied and said "No, I'm from Sri Lanka" she asked "Then why are you speaking to me in Japanese? Please don't use Japanese." I wanted to laugh because not is she only just making matters worse for the both of us, but shes also proving how she has too much pride in her self. (In a bad way) .....Well excuse me! But it definitely isn't my fault that you don't react to anything I say.
Bottom line : When you're talking with someone, you have to show that you are listening(facial expressions, gestures etc etc). And if you're poker faced, at least say something!

Thanks to that client, I'm back to listening to my Metal CDs!
I love Metal because it teaches you how to be open and not narrow minded. It tells you that you are capable of taking control of your life. Whenever I have a friend who is down or upset, I tell them that's because they don't have metal in their life. When you listen to metal, you feel invincible! If I have a problem, I just burn it and use that as power. Anger and hatred is my fuel.
Gelato is my fuel as well.


But I always have room for a softer side :

Love [noun] : 1. What makes you blind. 2. What hate can be in disguise. 3. Something that just happens. 4. Something ugly. 5. Something a person like me has not right to define.
------------------------------------------

* at the bottom right of your post. Click that to edit you post! :]