Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Watching short film Mermaid by Osamu Tezuka

Good evening!
I had a day off today, so I went shopping with my friend from high school.
I bought new spring clothes, and I'm excited to wear them!

Anyway, about "Mermaid". Everyone wrote the summary, so I will skip that part.
I was very shocked at the film.
First, I thought that it was going to be a pretty fantasy or something, but it wasn't that simple.
Watching the boy being controlled by the people of the town, I felt something very sad and sorrowful coming up into my mind. Especially the part where they make him watch the picture of the mermaid, tickle him, and repeat that process, so that whenever he sees the mermaid, he would laugh automatically.
That part were really scary and made me freak out.
The people of the town were not allowed to use imagination. There are no such town like that of the story in the world.
I think Osamu Tezuka wanted to send out a message to us making up such town.
Using imagination is very important, but sometimes in the world today, we are controlled not to use imagination. Sometimes, being creative and unique make people go out of the circle, but it is never a bad thing to be unique. For example, the trend. People try to follow the trend and forget to express their own selves. I'm one of them.
In the end, he goes into the sea and disappear. I think that he passed away, tired with all the stress from the town. It seems kind of sad, but I also think that he went to meet the mermaid again. I believe that he was able to meet her and play around in the sea again, and hopefully lived happily ever after.

Sorry if I have talked too much:(
Good night!