Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

sick...

My fever's going up and down in those days. Seriousely, what in the world had happened to me...I rarely catch cold. Today I called my mom and told her about it. She said that it's a natsu-kaze(summer cold). Anyways, I think I'm getting better because my headache is almost gone and I only have mild soar throat. This means that I'm recovering, right?^^

Ok, now I would like to talk about the otaku culture.

A word "Otaku" means "mania" in English. There are many types of "otaku" but in the video, they disscused about the type who are crazy about the two dimensional world.

"Moe" is the pink fuzzy feeling(lol!) people get when they become overwelmed with fondness. This could be toward both 2D and 3D. I heard before that the word came from "moe" as burn, like emotionally burns up..lol.
"Tsundere" is when acting arrogant and saying harsh things in the beginning, than shows a little bit of honesty and weakness after. I believe "tsundere" is popular because it is psychologically proven that people feel the happiest when they are insulted a little at first then being praised after. Not for me though! By the way tsundere usually associate with Rie Kugimiya characters...
"Burikko" is a girl who cutifies herself too much by "too cute" fashion, the way of writing(?), changing the tone of voice, using immature-cute vocabularies, and so on. I don't mind burikko girls as long as they can stay on track. 18 years old Yukorin and Sayumi Michishige are the cute burikkos ^^

Tomorrow's school. Even though I'm feeling better, I really don't like riding train when my immune system is weakend. I wish that"dokodemo door" exists...